Week 1 - July 28, 2017 NEW at the MTC!!!

Yo what's up friends and fam bam! Today is the third day at the MTC, and let me tell you, it's much better than the first two days. The  first two days were rough..When I got here Todd and Kim dropped me off then my "host"(an assigned missionary) welcomed me and grabbed my stuff and showed me where to go. After getting all my papers and things that I needed I was shown to my dorm to drop mah stuff off. Then right then and there I was taken into the Kiribati classroom and a return Elder from Kiribati (my teacher) just started speaking the language.. I laughed so hard after he said some things. It sounds so funny (it sounds like you dad when you try and speak chinese or whatever)hahahaha. We have been studying it and it is very hard. I don't think I've ever tried to learn anything as hard as this language in my life..the lifestyle is much much much different than what I'm use to. We study all the time and learn new things constantly. The first two days in the MTC I was stressing out about the language a lot but now it's not that bad. Either I'm a genius/baller, or the gift of tongues is real. I think both are correct.

At first all this churchy stuff was very hard to get use to, now, (the third day) I think I'm getting use to it. So today is my p day (Fridays) so I can email only on this day. I'm very excited to work out a little by balling up to get my wiggles out.

I've seen Tanner a few times which has been great. Tanner seems to be doing good. Lucky butt gets to speak English! But unfortunately we don't get to see each other very often. 
 
Steven and Parker: You will both probably hate the first and maybe second day, but trust me it gets better. I'm actually enjoying the 3 hour meetings and all the churchy stuff now. Which is crazy, because before I woulda hated it. Also Steven, one of the guys that was on the Mt View volleyball team from Arizona, (big tall outside i think)  we played him and beat their team in, I think, semi finals then later won the tourney.. no biggy. He's going to Kiribati and sleeps in the same dorm as me. I told him that we later won the tourney after we played his team, and he got kinda mad.. hehe
 
So my companion is legit. He looks like the dude from Enders Game the movie kinda. He is also pretty smart and keeps me on track with everything even tho I'm the senior comp. All of the Kiribiti Elders are all super cool, especially me. hehe. In my dorm there are six Elders(it's weird at first calling everyone Elder and Sister). All six of us have the same exact camera but different colors haha. I think because its the most durable and bc its water proof. Also when I get out in the field/Kiribati I will not be able to send pictures through email bc the computers and stuff are sucky. Sooo I will have to send the memory chips home in a little package with my pics on it.
 Also today I felt like a weirdie bc I did my own laundry. 
 
At night when we are in the dorms some of the guys are crazy and scream like all night in their native languages which is funny and annoying. But before we all go to sleep in our dorms our whole district gets in a circle and we all sing some song in this crazy native language. Not gonna lie it's freakin legit!
 
mom: can you please send me like a watch that works. I feel like a weinie not knowing the time all the time. Other than that, I'm doing gooood now that the first two days are over!

Elder Carson Bowen
                                                                    Provo Temple Day 1

                                                                 Elder Remington

                                                               The Marshall Island Boys
                                                                      My Companion

                                                                 Our Classroom


Elder Pass (I am in my Pday dress!)

Comments