WEEK 2 August 4, 2017 Cool culture song, learning language

WEEK 2 August 4, 2017

Yo Yo Yo! Whats up! The first week is over! The first couple of days were rough, but the third day was much better. The guys in my district are all soo cool and we share a lot of the same hobbies/interests. I can literally quote any movie and they will get it, it's hilarious. So right when I got here it was exciting but super sad. I felt like I just got put into prison..then as I was walking up the stairs of the residency with my host(the missionary that greets you and shows you whats up) Tanner and his comp Elder Blotter come running towards me, I know your not suppose to hug women but I hugged Tanner for a very long time. haha. It was super good to see him. We saw each other at like every meal after that until Tanner left the MTC to get out in the real world. Oh yea and I've seen Branson pass a few times which is always cool! Fortunately as a few days go by you start to get into a routine which is nice but not at the same time. My companion looks like the dude from the movie Enders Game if I haven't told you already, he is cool but very "by the book" which is good and bad.
A lot of dudes in my district are huge Samoans and they are hilarious and work out every night which is dope. We were laying in our beds one night and all we hear is "aaaaahhhhhh I can see your big coconuts" in a Samoan accent hahahaha. It was soo funny. Also our zone is legit. Every night we get into a circle and sing some weird culture song. It's super cool and I'll send a video. I did a full load of laundry all by myself today. It was not fun.. mom can u come over every Friday and do my laundry? k cool thanks. jk
We have been teaching lessons in Kiribati to investigators and it's very difficult. The spirit speaks to me in English not Kiribati. So its been really difficult. It sounds really funny tho. And the word ting in Kiribati pronounced "sing" means fart, so whenever we have to sing hymns it's really funny. 
I have three teachers and they are all super cool they're all return missionaries from Kiribati. The pics that they are showing us are soooooo cool and I can't wait to get out in the field. I don't have too much time to write because we are going to the temple, so I'll write more next week! Oh yea and we all have the same camera, it's hilarious!
--
Elder Carson Bowen


Comments

Post a Comment