WEEK 4 Excited to go, hard language with funny words, tug-a-war

Mauri!! Ko Uara? This week went by super fast just like the past weeks. I can't believe that I've been here over 3 weeks already! Sometimes the days can feel long, especially when I have language class at least 6 hrs a day, but the weeks go by super fast! I can not freakin wait to get out of here and get to Kiribati tho.. Our 3 teachers that we have are super cool and are all return missionaries from Kiribati Islands. They showed us some more pics and its sooo beautiful. It literally looks like Paradise!  We are literally going to be living in bamboo huts and houses. They've been telling us about the mission and stuff and it's like all about survival, like bear grills status. They say if you don't have a machete your kinda screwed, unless you just make one there which I am going do which will be legit.

The language is coming along, but is still very rough. It can be super tiring some times. We have been giving teacher lessons to our teachers in Kiribati which is super fun because words that I know just kinda form themselves in my head and then I just move my mouth like a puppet. Then, there are trc's which basically are returned missionaries that come and we have to teach them and it's basically like FHE. However, the words definitely do not come as well. idk why.. I'm still trying to figure it out so I can become a baller teacher.
 
The language is super fun tho. Becka=poop and Ting=fart. So whenever we walk by the sisters and missionaries we say "becka" and then they say "hello." Its sooo funny. Or we would Ting right next to the sisters and missionaries, or something it's super funny.

Almost every night we sing "Na Ku Ma Su", the Figi song, (like the whole floor)and like Wednesday night I was showering and then I heard them singing it and I was like, ah I'm missing it, so I just quickly put a towel over my goods and run out there. So then we sang in a circle, and then we always pray afterwards and during the prayer "Big Cocoanuts"(this big funny Samoan guy) starts slowly pulling my towel off hahahaha. His laugh is super funny and in a low/deep voice.. and yea then we were just playing tug-a-war or whatever with my towel. Then of course he won.. so I just ran to my room naked hahahaha. Then this other guy got mad because we were doing all this during a prayer ahhah.

Exercise time is super fun! Especially 4 square, volleyball, spike ball, and basketball. There are a ton of rules like no diving or touching the basketball rim, or the net, or like anything. If you do you have sit in a 'time out' for the rest of the exercise time. Let's just say I've had a lot of  'time outs' hehehe.

Every Tuesday and Sunday night we have devotionals, and we have been super lucky having had Elder Bednar, Ballard, Anderson, and this super black dude named like Sitati. One of the meetings after the devotional was about Endure to the End. Then somebody shared Enjoy to the End which I thought was dope.

I've seen Laura Harkness and Riley Bennett around a bit. The first couple of days stink I told her but it gets better. Also I've seen Elder Vang around. I think he was in the Hmong ward.

A dude in our district has mono which is cool. He's in my dorm which is also cool. I'm doing everything I possibly can to not get it!

Anyways, I'm doing good and I'll talk more next week, Tiaboo!!
 
Love your boi- Elder Bouan "boovan"
 










Comments