WEEK 5: Mauri! Priesthood blessing-flight plans are here!

Mauri! Kam Uara? I hope everything is going well back at home. I'm doing good here! The language is still rough but I'm working on it. Teaching lessons in Kiribati is actually pretty fun. Despite the fact that it's a lot of memorization, using the words that I know to make sentences is actually pretty fun. Then our investigator(our teachers acting) would say something back to us like really fast. I would just say eng(yes) bc I sometimes have no clue what they're saying. It sounds so funny tho. You have to use the back of ur throat for some words.. it is super funny.

I think we might get our flight plans today or tomorrow. I heard it's like 48 hrs of flying, but idk about that. I'm really looking forward to the flight bc I'm going to read the back of my eyelids the whole time.. Robert what you said about being tired all the time is true. It may be because we all stay up and talk with the lights off until late, but idk. It's fine bc I=I'm a savage and don't need sleep. Also, I'm pretty sure that we fly to Fiji first. So that'll be dope bc I heard that there's layovers a lot, so we will get to check out Fiji which is ballin, bc I know a little Fijian. But, that's just a maybe.

Mom, Darin was on the main island of Kiribati ( i think Tarawa) and was going to greet us, until like yesterday when he just got transferd to go back to Marshall Islands.. which freakin stinks.. however, he's opening up a Kiribati branch in Marshall Islands. Sooo it's still possible for me to see him, but we will see.. I know this bc we have been emailing back and forth.

I actually like doing laundry which is good. It's kinda fun. Today I forgot my detergent in the residency so I just went to the lost and found and used some other detergent. At least I thought.. turned out that it was softener and didn't do anything but make my clothes smell weird, so I had to redo all the clothes.. but no biggy!

legit story: 
Soooo I experienced a little bit of Gods power this week. You know that elder that has mono that's in my room(he's super cool)? Well, he was doing aweful, and just was miserable and couldn't even talk. So he asked me for a priesthood blessing.. and I was like ah crap bc I've never given one.. then, I gave him one (like I was the one blessing) with the elders in my room, bc he asked me to bc I'm a baller and we are tight. and then like two or three days go by and then, magically he can talk and his throat didn't hurt anymore and he felt perfectly fine. This is insane bc with mono you are suppose to be miserable for at least like 4 weeks... This experience allowed me to truly see that the priesthood is not just some joke.. it's literally power from God "Ive got the power".. anyways yea it was legit!

But yea I'm doing good. I love getting ur guys emails and hearing about what's going on at home. hope yall are doing good, love ya -Elder Bowen

 

Comments