WEEK 22 Merry Christmas!!! coconut tree-our 'Unit'-Baptisms

Email #1:
 I won't be able to Skype because we can't Skype here on Nikunau,
so when I leave this island which will probably be in like 2 months I will Skype when I
go back to Tarawa. I'm hanging in there with my comp.. takes lots of
patience but it's cool because patience is my middle name. We are not
allowed to climb coconut trees. But for one of my Christmas presents I
climbed one. We were studying in the jungle and then he took a nap
which he does a lot and I climbed way high in one tree and took a picture. Then
he woke up and looked around and then I go "cooocaaaaa" like a bird
sound and he looks in the tree and was like get down! hahaha it was so
fun holy cow. 

Email #2
Merry late Christmas!! Hope is was awesome. Last week I sent an email
to Linzi and then typed up a beautiful long email to you and everyone
and then I tried to send it and the internet stopped and deleted my
email, I was so mad..

 Anyways, it's awesome out here. We eat rice,  bread, and fish. We got
2 baptisms which we did in the ocean. President doesn't want elders
baptizing because he wants members, so we had a member do it. Still sick(cool) because I
still got to get in the ocean up to waist.

Out here we play a lot of volleyball because they love volleyball.  Since they know that I
can play(because when I first got here I had to introduce myself to
everyone) and I've been teaching them a bunch. It's way fun. The people
here are so fun to play with because they scream and laugh and make fun of
each other haha it's super funny when I can actually understand them.

Out here me and my comp are the church. There is no branch out here,
just a unit. Me and my companion are the bishop and councelors and we
have to do everything. It's a lot of work sometimes, but we kaikai
ieaki (we are hanging in there).

I'm the 14th elder on this island. This island is very new for the
church. Our church is a little hut on the ground right next to our
house.
We poo in a hole and wash our bums with water. I've gotten pretty good
at it. Or we just wipe with leaves. There is like only 4 different
kinds of plants/trees on this island and there is one that is called
maiu. This leaf is super smooth and smears everything.. but
sometimes that all you got..

Yesterday we planned a Christmas party irarikin te tari(near the
beach) and it was waay fun. Played volleyball and the game Sorry, and ate food. The game
Sorry is very popular here. They get a board/cardboard and draw the
marks and stuff. And then the pieces, we just use shells. It's pretty
fun because they are all pretty good out here, because that's like all there is
to do. Anyways at the party we ate, as usual, the men go first. Then
after we ate I realized that I ate the beka nako fish..(runny poo
fish) the fish that makes you poo your pants just like 3 minutes after. After
I ate it, it just came out of no where.. I ran to the jungle and
popped a squad(I'm like way bwati/boss at it now) and took care of
business. As I was doing so, one of our investigators Ho came to the
party and was walking the beach and he walked like right were I was going
and so with my pants down I said "hey mauri" and he waved smiled and
kept waking hahah. It was just a normal thing I guess haha.
I got a package but I was a little confused because it came in a brown box
from Tarawa. Packages that come from America are usually white. I
opened it up and it had some stuff that looked like it was from home
like chocolate(which I and the kids loved) and a shirt and tie which
was sick. But then there was our needs for the island too.. so I'm
assuming that you sent a box and then it broke and only some stuff made
it to Tarawa, and then the AP threw some stuff in. But it's all good because
it was all stuff that I needed! thank you!(side note:  This was not the package I sent to Carson so he has yet to receive it which was mailed in November)
But I'm doing good out here. I'm learning culture and language and
church stuff which is all making me smarter and more of a baller. We
are working very hard out here and the very very hot sun sweating are
coconuts off everyday.. if you study and focus really hard in our hut, you
will start to sweat.. its crazy hot here.. but I'm doing good! The language
is still rough, but I'm hanging in there. I miss America. I miss family. I
miss friends. I miss high adventurous stuff that I use to do. I miss
cars, music, tv and much more. But none of that matters because it's not
about me. My perspective like has been changing a little,  giving
me a better perspective on what this life's about. Anyways
#ballerstatus. Hope ya'll are doing good! And had a wicked awesome
Christmas!
love, dingle

ps I was very grateful for the package thank you! In the next one that
you send can you please send a little photo book with awesome pictures. My
hobbies, and friends, and family. You can find some sick pics on the pics
that were on my phone that I believe you guys backed up somewhere. Also
maybe a volleyball(for out doors) that will last.. the balls here are
crummy. They need a rough one that will last, because we play on rocks/sand.
and deodorant is awesome too. thanks! love yall!

Comments