WEEK 24 Mauri!!! New companion-baptisms-received packages-doing really good now!

Mauri!!! hey hey! My old companion left yesterday and my new
companion came last week! Holy COW. He is way cool. He is from Kiribati and
Marshall Islands. He's really good at English too. His last companion
he was just working with was my friend, Elder Tingey in Marshalls.. crazy how close I
am to seeing him.. anyways he is this huge brown dude that is so
tight. He is ending his time out here with me so he is old in the
mission! Meaning he is experienced and knows what he is doing. And way
good at the language.  haha He's so funny too. He measures himself with the
women here(because the women like to be bigger) haha. Also he gets thirsty
sometimes and asks me to climb trees for him to get coconuts for us to
drink, he says its an emergency. President said we can only climb
if it's an emergency. hahaha But he is way cool and loves talking to
the people.
This week we had two more baptisms! Ten Ruben and Nei Karo. So happy
to see Ruben get baptized. I taught him from the start.. he was very
shy then, but we continued. He was very shy to come to church.. he
didn't come for a few weeks, then he came after we gave him clothes.
After that, I could see a change in him.. he was happy and not shy
with the members(who are awesome). We baptized his wife a few weeks
ago. Way cool. Then this next week we have two more baptisms.. the
work is so good out here, because we are working very hard in the hot sun.
sweating 24/7 even at night when we sleep.
Nothing but good news! I got my Christmas package from home!!! the pics are awesome!! The
members will love looking at them. Also the candy aaaaahhhh.... and Christmas
decorations. ahhh and the ties. I just set Christmas decorations up at our booia(hut).
So awesome even that Christmas is over! Also Sister Malan sent me a package too!!! There was a
hammock inside and candy and a card. Super nice! Please tell her thank
you!!
My companion now knows everything and he told me that the package
that I got for Christmas that had a couple things which I thought were
from home were not.. I got a chocolate bar from the Chocolate Factory
RMCF and a shirt that was my size.. so I thought it was from home, but
my companion explained to me that everyone got that.. everyone that didn't
get a Christmas package got that.. idk how they got my shirt size!.. I was sooo confused but now it
makes since. Then the package from home came.
My companion said always send the packages to Marshall Islands not
Kiribati(which I'm in). Marshall Islands is way cheaper!! If you send it
to Kiribati its like $90, which is $12!
My companion told me about Marshall Islands and says it's way more
civilized.  There is air conditioning, phones, cars, pizza, hamburgers, and American
stuff. Marshall Islands gets cargo from America, but Kiribati doesn't.
Kiribati is much much different from from Marshall Islands that's why
on my plaque it needs to say Kiribati somewhere in there!
Good to hear about Tanner and Steven! Miss those guys.
Yes, mom, I'm a baller kiribati dancer!~
 The members that we live with decided to go camping at the spot where
we do the baptism by the beach. It's nice over there because there is a
nice breeze. Anyways, before my old companion left, me and my new companion, the three of us,
we all went sand camped the night with them. We brought our hammocks(I
have a hammock made out of fishing wire and now one from America from
Sis Malan) and we hooked them up between coconut trees and slept haha.
So sick (cool). We did it for 2 nights.
Also yestersay we found turtle tracks on the sand. One of the
members (Biri) took us and we looked for the eggs. We found
them!! Like 80 of them. They are similar size as chicken egg. That
night we ate turtle raw eggs haha pretty good actually. Much
different from chicken egg.
I love the pictures that you sent!
Last week I get really sick because at family home evening we were eating
and I ate pieces of this pig which was so good. They told me to be
careful because they killed it 4 days ago and there is no frig. But I was
dumb and kept eating it because it was so good. Then that night I died because I
threw up so much. The next day, somehow everyone found out I was
sick, probably because they saw me laying in the sand, and they were all so
nice and helpful. The members are literally the best!
food we eat:
(basically anything they catch here)
shark, turtle eggs, turtle, a lot of fish and octopus, rice, canned
meats from China, coconuts and a couple more.
Anyways, thanks for everything. Hope ya'll are doing good. I'm doing way
good out here now. I wanna hear from Logan!
Love you, Elder cheek bum

Comments