WEEK 25: Working hard - members are awesome - turtles are coming!

Looking back at the time, it has gone by pretty fast. The weeks fly by but the days go by slow sometimes. We are baptizing all these dark skinned people on this island. Last week there was 83 people at church. Church is 2 hours and we help to organize a unit(not yet a branch or ward). We have a lot of investigators right now however I am not sure how many exactly because we just dropped some.  But if I guess, probably around 40. There is around 2000 people on this island. I can speak a little Kitibus the language, but understanding them is hard because they speak so fast. But it's
coming along. This new companion I am with, I'm making him help me a lot because he is good at the language. I can teach lessons good, but just like normal conversations is hard. It's frustrating as can be.  Sometimes when I don't understand people, it's cool, cuz I'm working on it.

I study every morning. Sometimes we don't have much time because we are so busy with everything. But I'm studying and working hard. I'm not being lazy because I understand that there is no point in being lazy and not learning. Sometimes the heat just takes all of your energy though. But
yea I'm working hard. I've already seen peoples lives change. This one baptisms we had, this guy was way shy in every way. Now he's a member and so happy talking with members and everything. He and his wife are so happy,  cool to see.

The members are all so awesome. The members in our village are camping right now on the east side of the island. It's super nice and breezy over there. Also the turtles are coming back tomorrow so that will be cool! I think me and my companion are gonna bring our hammocks tonight and tomorrow night over there and sleep with the members. The members are all so nice and awesome! Even though I barely understand them and it's really frustrating, they are awesome. Yea if the elders get sick everyone on the island finds out and tries to help.

We have our own house(hut) next to some members and they take really good care of us. Our house is made out of pandanis wood, the center of coconut branches, and pandanis leafs. We sleep on the ground in our hut(on the coconut branches). Our house is raised up off the ground and then we put these mats on ground made from the pandanis leafs and sleep inside our nets.  It's cool! The internet is the slowest junk in the world but it's ok, because it works sometimes. Hello to Anguiano's! whats up! anyways going back to work, till next week. Till then just know I'm working my bum off,  24/7 nonstop. I'm learning more than ever. It's rough some times, but that's what makes me grow.

Elder Carmen



Comments