Skip to main content

WEEK 33 Scorpions, Sharks, Flies, and lots of Purple Crabs!

Yoooo what's up? Yesterday we came and tried to email but it didn't work. I used one of the members phones for a second because it worked and I went on your Facebook and friended you with her Facebook. Her name is Ngaan. She is so awesome and a member on Nikunau. Her message: "They are happy and enjoying their mission on Nikunau and us members on Nikunau were happy too and love them.  His Kiribati is good  he's very smart to learn the language. Carson is my favorite missionary and he is work hard for Nikunau.  My family and I will miss him when he goes".

Carson said on phone: Yooo Mom i'ts me Carson.  I'm still on Nikunau because the flight was canceled because  the plane broke down in Tarawa.  Email wasn't working on the computer this week, but somehow it's working on this phone a little.  Just wanna say what's up and I'm doing good.  Next Monday I believe I may go to Tarawa and then Nonouti.  This is Ngaan.  She is awesome and a member here on Nikunau.  She is like our mom here.  She's super nice."

Back to his email message:
I'm still on Nikunau. I have gone to the airport which is made out of sticks twice now with all my stuff packed and weighed, and have my ticket in, but the elder that is suppose to come here hasn't come yet.  Also the plane broke down again and I don't think I can leave my companion here alone. So, I've been waiting. I think there is another plane this Monday so hopefully I can get on it.  The aps told me if I left 2 weeks ago when I was suppose to I would be on Tarawa for only 1
hour. That would have straight poo..... no time to buy stuff I need before I go back out. Also no time to get stuff from my big suitcase on Tarawa. We only get to take a small suitcase under 30 lbs which is hard sometimes.  I'm hecka overweight going back to Tarawa because of the gifts everyone gave me.  Anyways I'm a little annoyed with the flight schedule, but there is nothing I can do.  Stinks because I already gave a super good goodbye to everyone giving them stuff and toys you sent
me. And they already threw a party for me. But it's all good. That's the update for right now.  I'm
doing good, just waiting and working patiently.

Also I just thought about when I say I'm a baller, I just want everyone to know that I'm just kidding and don't actually mean it.  I'm just joking being sarcastic, just in case some of you thought I was super prideful.

Update of a couple things that happened:

1.When we were riding back home one night I ran over and killed a chicken, because they always run around everywhere, then we skinned it and ate it.
Last month I ran over a kid that ran right in front of me. He was crying a lot but he was fine.
There are crabs everywhere. And the big purple ones that we eat here come out after it rains. I ran over like 3 big huge ones when we were riding home one night.
2. We were in a super good lesson and a small scorpion fell from the roof (made out of leaves) and it fell on my companions lap. I had no idea. He looks at me and says oh no. oh no. oh no. super calmly, and I said what? He said "there's a freakin scorpion under by B**L*" he moved, and it started running superfast on the floor. Then our investigator grabbed his Book of Mormon and stood up and smashed the heck out of it. hahahah so freakin funny.
3. Cuts and wounds take super long to heal here because of the flies always picking at them. There are so many it's unbelievable especially when you eat. They always fly on your face and in your ears, and always on your food. If you shew them away with your hand they just come right back, but
I'm use to it so its cool.
4. One of the members caught another shark and I asked if I could keep the jaw. They were like ahhhh sure! They thought it was kinda weird that I wanted to keep it. Anyways it was really really stinky because it had a lot of flesh on it, but I cut most of it off. It's hard because the teeth are so sharp. But, then I just dried the heck out of it from the burning sun.
5. Last night we were having family home evening with a village and it started pouring on us so we all huddled under a booya then it stopped a little so me and my comp started biking back. We were on the farthest side of the village. It's about an hour and a half back. We started going and it started pouring so hard again, then stopped, then started and stopped.. it's like Florida. When it starts pouring we can hear it coming because it's so loud. Anyways we biked an hour and a half home in pouring rain (wasn’t cold but felt good). It was pretty fun. Luckily I'm always prepared and before I left put a plastic bag in my back pack. I put it over my back pack and a light underneath to lighten the way and made it home, with dry books. And as far as my body, soaking wet as usual!
7. The old men run this island. They have all the power.  They have more power than the people that they call police officers here. They are like the kings of the island. There is like 20 of these men on this island. If they don’t like someone they can kick them off the island. Literally, they make them leave. So when we have dinner and there is an old man it's kinda scary. Because if you break
the culture, they won't like you, and can punish you. Luckily all the old men liked me on this island.
So yea just a couple things that happened. I don't know when I'm going to Skype. I may be able to try and tell aps to keep me in Tarawa longer than 1 hour so that I can Skype.  Hopefully I'll talk again
before Skype to tell you a time, but we will see.

Just want everyone to also know that the email is really bad here and I want to email everyone but I can't because of the email. Please don't think I don't like you.

Anyways, ti anne(just that) love yall, stay white
-Elder Carson
 








Comments