WEEK 38 Life in Tarawa-language getting easier-busy teaching

Hi family!

The other day I realized how far I have come in the language,  how blessed I've been.  We lesson-ed with a really smart guy and I taught so smoothly and was able to answer all of his questions that were really good.  It was like it wasn't even me talking. It was cool, super cool experience!  As senior companion I'm guiding the lessons and and teaching, and its really fun!  Guess what I ate this yesterday morning, yeah, I actually ate eggs !!! It was crazy and tasted sooo good. 

My companion now works insanely hard which is good!  His name is Elder Wilson. He is 19 and has been here in Kiribati for 3 months.


So I'm here working in Tarawa. This morning we woke up early and went to Betio and bought  turtle to eat the meat for 5 dollars and cut it up and ate it! I will have to get a legal document from Kiribati so that I can bring the shell home!!!  It's soooo cool! My second one and this one was small so I'm keeping the shell! and it looks sooo cool!

 I'm working in Tearaereke and we get like 7 lessons in a day.  We are very busy and I'm talking the whole time and it's actually really fun. The other night we were teaching with this really smart guy and he asked a ton of questions and I was able to answer them perfectly. So, my language is actually really good right now.  I am not sure how long I will be serving here.

 Nikunau (where i just came from) has no elders right now and I really hope that I get to go back because I love that place.  The internet here is really fast and nice so I'll be able to catch up on everything. Also a lot from my intake are working on Tarawa and it's so good to see them! We are all pretty good at the language so we speak Kiribati to each other and it's really awesome..... anyways just a little update.

Elder Carla

Comments