WEEK 42 Doing great-teaching by Spirit-moved into house

AHHHH wow that's exactly what I needed! a big update and pick up!! I felt like I was talking the whole time in the skype call and never really heard from ya'll so email update was great!  It seems like everything is going great at home!! The Spirit here is doing all the work, I'm just opening my mouth.

 When I first got back from Nikunau we had a lesson here and at this time I was new to being senior companion. We were lessoning with a family and one guy was very very smart. He reads better in English, which is insane for a Kiribati person.  He had a bunch of really good hard questions that I answered so perfectly. It didn't even seem like they were my own thoughts. It was like I was just being handed what to say, which was perfect. I was able to say it in perfect Kiribati thanks to the Spirit. Cool stuff. Crazy stuff like that happens like everyday and it's hard to be able to write it all down, even in my journal.

That package that you sent me a while ago with the protein bars and the steak strips ahhhhh so good. These past 2 weeks I've had a Kiribati companion. He was waiting for Visa to go to Guam. He was new and I had to basically do all the work since he wasn't trained at the MTC yet.  He just left this morning.  He was awesome tho, I love that guy!  So now I'm in a three sum, back with Elders Wilson and Breckenridge which will be fun until Thursday when they leave to go outer island. My soon to be companion is coming from an outer island, but there is no open plane for like a month. We will see who they give me to work this area and get all these baptisms.

The other day we got a call and were told to move houses. We entered the house and it's probably the nicest house I've ever seen in Kiribati! It's big and has 2 ac units! 3 fans, 2 freezers and a nice bathroom with tiled foor, and a shower. it truly reminded me of America. It's so beautiful. There's even beds! I slept on it one night and it's a really comfortable bed, but I couldn't sleep because I'm not use to beds. I like the ground now. So halfway through the night trying to fall asleep, i just went in the main living room (where the ac is soooo nice and cold) and slept like a baby on the ground.


I really miss working on outer islands. Hopefully I will get transferred out there again. But I am loving it here to because I get to see elders and sisters and every week.
 Yea, I am working hard and I'm really enjoying it. Somedays it's a punch in the gut,  but some are awesome!


The other night me and my Kiribati companion were asked to go to a cultural party (babys first b day) by our Bishop. At one point everything just went in slow motion and I looked around and I felt true happiness. Seeing everyone happy dancing eating good pig and food, was just so awesome! Then I got called up to dance a few times. hahaha .........And they are way good at dancing, like the shaking hips and stuff, it's fun to watch.  We got back a little late because you can't leave these kind of parties early, against culture. President knows that and tells us just try and be back on time but if you are in a cultural party I understand..

Just another update! love your black skinned son,
Elder Carson 



Comments