WEEK 44 Baptisms-great story-love the members-Scriptures arrive in Kiribati!!!

Another great week!  Four baptisms occurred last week with two of them being a crazy experience. My favorite recent investigator, the one I was tell you about Baua (the dude) is way good at reading.. so Baua and Kaitira are are their names. i think i told him about u a few weeks ago when he was asking a bunch of really good questions and I was able to answer them perfectly with the Spirit.  They came to our house and told us that Baua was leaving  on Monday for a year to go work as a seaman. They asked if they could do their baptism before he goes  but they weren't married. So how it works to get them married we have to request their names and then 3 weeks later their government packet comes and then we do the marriage with the Bishop. Soooo they didn't have that kind of time with him leaving, so to get the papers immediately you can pay 75 dollars.  They didn't have that so then I said somehow the money would be provided. I called the zone leaders and they said it has to come out of personal funds and that's the only way they can get baptized. Then I said no problem, because this is for their salvation and this was important to them it was taken care of.   Baua and Kaitira are just the coolest and they're kinda old  and have just grown so strong. Money was received and we married them, and a day later, we baptized them, and the next Sunday they got they received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  We went to visit them for lunch and to say goodbye to them, and they killed a pig and bought ice-cream for food!  Ice-cream is a huge luxury.  We ate a little of the ice cream and then gave it to their kids, because it was so funny watching the kids eat ice-cream.  They've only had ice-cream 2 times in their life, and it was much better to watch the kids and how happy they were, than eat the ice cream.. anyways I freakin love that family!  Baua just left today and I told Baua I would take care of them a little, anyways so legit.

Also at first Baua wouldn't come to church because he wanted to get the truth and feel the spirit first. Then I promised him he would get the truth if he goes to church.  That's when everything changed with him, so awesome!  He cried at his marriage thanking me.

I got another companion a few days ago to be with me for like 1 more week until my real companion comes in and then this comp I have now goes out to outer island.

So the work has been basically all up to me as my companions are only with me a short time. We have tons of baptisms coming up and last Saturday we had 4.  We are definitely boosting the numbers for Kiribati and allowing the Spirit to work hard with us.


Awesome stuff going on everyday!


We got D & C !! and Pearl of Great Price in Kiribati!! one triple combination was given for every elder!  We are not allowed to use D & C or Pearl of Great Price when we teach as we were told by our mission president.

Great week! Working crazy hard and we are crazy busy with so many baptisms going on. So much stuff to do it's insane!

doing good tho!

I tangiringkami!
Tiabooooo

Elder Bowen

Comments