WEEK 46 Big Party-Food!!!-love AC unit, so blessed!-baptisms


This week was a good week!

We worked way hard as usual. My comp is way cool too, Elder Payne.  Our house is the nicest in the mission having 2 AC units.  It's so nuce and cold!!!!

We went to a few cultural parties and one of them was a huge one!! They had like 56 bowls of food so it was insane. They even killed like 3 pigs that we ate! That's insane!  We went to the party at like 8ish and then it was around 9  that we prepared to head out. (since we told them before the party that we had to leave early, we had their permission and it was ok to leave, otherwise it would have been insulting.)  We left before the party even started as we were told it started around 11 pm! and went to like 4 am, so it was a good thing we told them before the party we had to go or we would have been stuck.....all night long! haha

I got another turtle shell! I have to put lacquer on it to make it all nice and shiny like my other one. #callmemasterYguei from kung fu panda!!!

This Tuesday is gonna be fun. The family we live with has a bunch of dogs so when we had dinner with them I was like hey have you eaten dog yet? .(here in Kiribati they eat dog all the time here if they can kill them) They said oooooo yea it's so good! It's different from pig because there is no grease, just meat!  Joking I said we should eat some of your dogs hahaha. Then they say OK, sure!  So this Tuesday my companion and I are gonna eat dog!  hahaha so awesome I think?!  But,  I've seen videos of how they get killed and it's way sad.. They get a big heavy stick and smack it's head until it stops Yelping. I know that sounds terrible, so we will see. #beargrills

Anyway that is just about it.  I'm loving how much food I'm eating here and the nice house that has AC!!!(only mission house on this island)! and its just me and my companion in this nice house!! It's paradise!! #blessed

President Larkin and Sister Larkin stay really busy,  I have only run into them 3 times because they have to travel to Marshall islands and Kiribati too.

Tell Weston I said hi, can't believe he is home from his mission.  Happy Father's Day to papa Joe!  and dang, what the heck, that's so weird, Bryson is 16 and an old man now!

Lots of people ending their time here headed home from their mission.  I probably won't run into Elder Tingy since he is headed home in August.  

stay 2 legit to quit

-Elder Bowen



                                                    Elder Bowen is on the right!  BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!

Comments