WEEK 51 SURVIVAL again - FOOD! be grateful for shoes! working hard!


Hey hey what's up!! 

We just got back from fishing!! It was a way fun day....

So last night we went to go find little red crabs on the beach next to our house. Then woke up this morning and came down here to central of the island.  We went to this members hut then rode our bikes to ocean side then walked out because it was way low tide. We caught a bunch of fish. Us 6 elders and the member caught 30 something fish!!! It was way awesome, then the waves start getting big because the tide was going up. It's all fun until you fall from a big wave on the coral hahaha.. Super fun tho. 

Also when we were walking out to the ocean because low tide and basically just walking on coral and i saw this eel. And, it saw me and got scared and went under a rock. I grabbed the members knife because I didn't bring one and flipped a rock over and it went crazy. It started flipping charged me and then I jumped and landed on it. Then took a step back and it swam into this coral rock, but we could still see it. I still had the knife so I stabbed it so many times through this little hole, and this was a pretty big hole. And I stabbed it and got it out of this rock and then we got a rock and crushed its head.. Then it was dead! Food !!!!!Then took some pics.

But we got a bunch of fish today and then cooked them at the members house.  Me and the members wife gutted and cooked the fish. They were way happy because they could  feed us.  They are super poor and have like no money.  They also live in central island so it's not me and my companions area during the week. So,  I noticed last week when we went fishing that the member didn't have shoes and walking on sharp coral hurts so I bought him some and it made him so happy! So happy it was awesome! 

 We just got back not too long ago, way fun p day. Now we are going fishing with a big net right out side the central elders house with a big net before the sun goes down! Then we can eat the fish tonight and the shark that someone got the other day tomorrow for lunch! Outer island is fun but you really gotta find your food hahaha 

But I'm doing way good!
Cool to hear about everyone going on missions.

And its so hot here everyday 365 hahaha. But that's pretty warm for over there!

And the work here is rough by the way.....when I came here there were like 3 actual investigators. Now after tracting and getting so much rejection and so many super rude people, fortunately we got 11 in our teaching pool. Big change from my last area as it was easy to get investigators. Since things were so slow here it took a while to get organized things motivated. But the work is coming!

Also we were just told that August 10th we fly in to Tarawa for a mission tour. Then the 17th we fly back! Pretty excited to see everyone from my intake!

Anyways hope all is well. Hope you get a good little reunion with our family too!

Tiabo!

Elder Carla

Comments