WEEK 60 Transfers - Baptism Saturday, ate eel, doing great!


Mauri!

Not too much happened this week. The baptism is changed to this Saturday because they said "if she gets baptized then someone's gonna say who died?" Hahaha think about it.  She was sick and couldn't make it.  Don't want to scare anyone!

So we are going to do it this Saturday!

Cool things I ate this week was an eel(a huge one) and a duck egg! The eel was huge!!! I didn't know what to do with it so I just threw it on our roof.  I thought that would be the best spot haha!  But I told a bunch of the members about it and they said bring it and we'll cook it! So good eating an egg and eel! Its been so long since I have eaten egg. You can only eat them out here if you find them!! 

We are patiently waiting in central for the AP to tell us about transfers.  Today being Pday we are going to fish off the bridge while we wait the news.

I hope I get to watch conference, I didn't get to watch the last one that had all the changes.

We have been using our rain tank which holds our drinking water.  When it rains, the well fills up and that is what we drink.  After it rains here there's a rainbow that we can see shinning through the coconut trees.  The rain comes down sideways, not quite a hurricane, but just big storms.  Trees don't seem to fall too often because of their strong root system in the sand.

There is no Halloween here, I wish!  

We still do our wash in buckets with our hands and soap, then hang it dry. 

To tell time, we just look at the sun because nobody really has the time here.

The sunsets are awesome and because the islands are so small, your by the ocean 24/7.  I stay cool by sweating.  We start fires with coconut husks.  

Still doing great with my machete! 

Elder Bowen

Comments