WEEK 67 Transfers, going back to Tarawa(Bito) training-love these people I am leaving!


       
November  5, 2018

Last week the internet was not working.  This Week has been pretty crazy. The aps called me and my companion and said we were both flying out the next day.  Fortunately we had no transportation to get to the air strip with our bags so we got to stay a week longer and will leave tomorrow(Tue).
We got permission to ride motor cycles all the way up north to pick the new elders up. One from vanawatu (idk how to spell it) and one from Tonga. They are cool. 

We have been having many cultural parties with the members because we are leaving and new elders came.

I gotta say leaving these members was very difficult. I love these people so much and have grown very close to many families. I love the cultural parties and dancing in front of everyone. I also learned a Kiribati dance. I have to come back here someday for sure and go diving and fishing and hang with some of these families.

Then yesterday we had combined church(we hired a truck and ALL members on the island have church together) and the spirit was so strong. I love these people. It was the most beautiful spirit I've felt on my mission. So much peace, joy, and happiness. Also sad because I'm leaving these people.

On the other island, I'm happy because I'm getting a new companion. I'm going to be training on Tarawa!!

We are definitely leaving the work on a good note. Many are getting ready for baptism with a 30 investigator teaching pool. 

I'm becoming district leader in Tarawa(eita) which is different than leadership on outer island.

I'm definitely going to need to have patience with my "kid" that I will be training. Not knowing any of the language at least that is what I was told, but I'm excited and it sounds fun times. 

All in all I will miss these Wonderful people and will see them again, someday when I come back!

Elder Bowen






Comments